Friday 12 August 2011

Hansel

I started writing a book yesterday, yes it might seem like a thing of the moment that won't last long, but I hope it's not. I'm guessing, for me, writing a book might help me a lot, maybe express more what I hide inside me. The name of the book is "Death and all it's values" and as an inspiration I took the Hansel and Gretel story by the Grimm Brothers. The story is more about a life long lesson in which my main character partakes in only to have, in his last moments of life, what he truly desires. I'm on my first chapter; I gotta say, I'm a bit nervous when i write, not because of the way i write or ideas, but of the grammatical errors. I want it to be as much captivating as possible and if grammar is bad the the story will seem annoying. So as a reference to Hansel, the main character gets lost in his world, he thought he left something behind to help him find his way back, but its's gone and he feels captured in something more powerful than him. Gretel will represent his responsibilities in life which he has no escape from as a human. The "cannibal" eventually catches him but he merely escapes all to find out that there's nothing left.
  The idea of the book, for me, seems nice, don't know if i'll ever finish it, but if I do, I hope Field will like it.
(conclusion: don't leave trails of crumb, cannibals can eat bread too)

No comments:

Post a Comment